May 19, 2012

Jharkhand trip-I

Visited Jharkhand state from October 2012

Been from Malaysia where the vision 2020 was making the city more cosmopolitan, been  foreign return(thats how my colleagues call me.errr..)..thinking about a state near Bihar made some remarkable upsets in stomach...since my traveling flair is very strong to see the greener side of life...and I had lots of friends from this part since my AMIE days..I really liked to visit.

I have been to different places in Jharkhand - Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Bokaro and Dhanbad.Reached Jharkhand from Kolkata, Delhi, in Kingfisher, Sahara, Air India..wherein it happened to see the new Kolkata airport getting its shape, and one of the world's best New Delhi airport.

 Jharkhand has a sentimental relation to me as my mother was born in Jamshedpur during the pre-independence era,when my grand father was working in Tata as Medical officer! though our family at that time was from Madurai in Tamil Nadu.

Each place in Jharkhand state has its peculiarity in terms of their culture, like in Ranchi the celebration of Rama Navami was very grand, like that of Gurunanak Jayanthi in Jamshedpur was great with Rallis and crackers! Murder of coal mafia in Dhandbad and the power cuts in Bokaro!  

Very interesting facts from this trip :

  • Jharkhand state was seperated from Bihar during the year 2000
  • Jharkhand has the border with Kolkata, MP, Orrisa renamed as Odisha. 
  • Bisra Munda is the state hero in Jharkhand a tribal leader, he was the freedom fighter who opposed the spread of Christianity, and was killed by the British raj at a young age! 
  • Ranchi has KFC! * Mango is the name of a place in Jamshedpur!
  • Madulika and Ozone are the famous names for food and shopping mall in Dhanbad!
  • Bhojpuri pop songs are horrible!!!
  • Coal mafia war is very common in Dhanbad! 
 Photos of Jamshedpur(Tata City), Jublee park, Khalimathi Road........to be cont.......

No comments: