Dec 29, 2017

2016 -Edinburgh experience

Followed by the glimpses in Glasgow, the days traveled to make it to Edinburgh - the capital city of Scotland. The moment I landed in Edinburgh I started shivering as I was not ready for that type of temperature...cool...very cool...for a simple guy from Chennai / Kuala Lumpur which is having hot climate...was not comfortable with chilling coolness..that was getting deeper in me..in my veins..I was going to get frozen...couldn't enjoy the marvelous Castle infront of me...my hands were getting much cooler!!!...luckily found a scarf shop owned by an Indian (am I getting racist of finding Indians..) but ultimately that scarf tied over my head covering the ears made me more comfortable..and started to enjoy the marvelous place. As per the itinerary we went to the castle to witness the 1 O' clock shot, nearby areas which has the iconic whiskey factor - which had a safari in the whiskey making explaining the process of making the world's most popular whiskey..at the end of this tour - we were given a whiskey tasting experience with the four major flavors which are according to me very bitter but goes well with the rocks..as per my Scottish colleagues who had the major share of my tasting whiskey.





Well this head band was tied by my French friend to make it more stylish...!!! Of course the scarf was bought to combat the coolness that was unbearable when landed in Edinburgh!!!


Did some shopping along the journey..first is the Castle. Magnificent castle with its architectural beauty and the historical significance makes the grandeur entrance... status of William Wallace - (Braveheart movie), the most interesting gun shot at 1 noon...Why at 1 noon..??? One  gun shot...they are stringy...(Funny note)
After shopping and site seeing in Edinburgh...came back to this place to go back to Glasgow...

No comments: